Roofing Crew Mishap Led to Cold Store Fire

Watsonville, CA, US: An accident was to blame for the fire in Watsonville which gutted a cold storage site, according to fire investigators. A roofing crew accidentally sparked the fire that destroyed the cold storage facility belonging to Apple Growers Ice and Cold Storage last month.

“It was an accidental fire. It was caused by activities related to roofing work,” Watsonville fire investigator Rob Ryan told the press.

Apple Growers Ice & Cold Storage caught fire on April 20 and burned for three days. The blaze gutted the massive warehouse facility and destroyed Martinelli’s apple cider products worth millions of dollars.